Ten things to consider when planning your bespoke TV media unit
When Acorn Bespoke Carpentry and Joinery designs and builds your bespoke TV media unit it will be completely tailored to your exact requirements. So, how do you picture your dream piece of bespoke fitted furniture?
There are so many options to consider and decide upon when planning a made to measure built-in media unit, it can be hard to know where to start. Thinking about these ten questions will help you to start planning the ideal media unit for your living room.
- Do you want your TV media unit to be a stunning statement feature or a minimal unobtrusive design?
- Do you want it to take up an entire wall, to be floor to ceiling or built into an alcove or corner perhaps?
- Are you looking for sleek and modern in white or grey with clean crisp edges? Or something more traditional in a period style with decorative detailing?
- Should the TV screen be permanently on display or hidden away when not in use?
- Would you like the TV to be the main central feature of the furniture? Or would you prefer the screen to be surrounded by open shelving and cubby holes for an integrated, relaxed feel?
- How about integrated lighting? You could have uplighting to give your unit a soft glow, or spotlights to highlight certain features perhaps.
- What colour do you want the custom-made cabinetry to be? With a bespoke TV media unit, you can have any paint colour you like and sheen from matte to high gloss.
- Or would you prefer the unit to have a natural wood finish? Light oak or dark walnut are two popular options.
- How much storage do you need? Think about compartments for consoles, drawers for devices and cupboards for other items that accumulate in a well-used living room.
- Do you want display shelving? Your bespoke media unit could include glass display cabinets for ornaments, speaker doors with grilled panels, open adjustable shelving for books, cubby holes for artworks, and little nooks for other special pieces. Bespoke by Acorn media cabinets and shelving can be made to any width, height and depth,
Do you want your TV media unit to be a stunning statement feature or a minimal unobtrusive design?
For lots of visual inspiration, check out platforms like Pinterest and Houzz, as well as our Acorn gallery of course.
Let Acorn create a bespoke media unit for your home in Surrey or Sussex
We would be delighted to discuss your media unit ideas for your home. Please get in touch with us to arrange a free design consultation and no obligation estimate for your media unit.
Read more about Acorn bespoke TV and media units